[ubuntu-art] Gettin' our @$$3$ in gear. or, a team restructuring.

Ben Crisford bencrisford at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 20 15:34:05 BST 2009

>  Anyone can join by
contributing to ubuntu artwork. Non-members can post to the list but it
will be moderated to avoid unnecessary distractions. The old list will
still exist and be
>  used much as it is today. As Saleel pointed it, the
lists serve different purposes but are equally important.

IMO anyone should be able to join, even if their posts to the list are moderated.

>  I am not sure what part of this idea breaks any promise made by ubuntu.

This is from ubuntu.com/community/ubuntustory/philosophy:
"The freedom to 	study how the programme works and adapt it to your needs."
When this is applied to artwork, doesn't it mean "how it was made","who made it" etc?  Ubuntu users have the right to know what is going on with the artwork team.  With the devel mailing list anyone can join, but posts are moderated.  This is what we need.

You might have already said this, but I wasn't sure because it wasn't too clear.

Regards,
Ben