[ubuntu-art] On the subject of koalas and wallpapers.

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Thu Apr 16 19:36:24 BST 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 14:14 -0400, Saleel wrote:

> Here is an idea I have been working on. The word Karma is sanskrit in
> origin, so I started thinking about traditional Indian styles and
> patterns. The second thing that I have been playing around with is a
> combination of a photo/vector graphic, since I think they look
> awesome...(And we have a real non-ugly animal this time). I am attaching
> a very rough ideafap on these 2 points. Would like some
> direction/guidance/critique with this.
>
> photo is thanks to here:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/aaronjacobs/2364232578/sizes/l/

I think you should avoid sleeping Koalas.

The photo vector combination has a tendency to be rather loud, as you
have that contrast ... but if go this way, try to give the vector art
some meaning, make it look like it is the koala's dream, or if it it the
structure of another plane of existence. It shall not look like just
something scribbled above the photo.

You could make people happy with just a bit of that vector work, I bet.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/