[ubuntu-art] Mandating usage of free tools.

Ryan Prior ryanprior at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 20:45:16 BST 2009

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 3:37 PM, Thorsten Wilms <t_w_ at freenet.de> wrote:
> "We recommended the following tools for creating artwork. They are all
> free software (free as in speech) and can be obtained by everyone at
> virtually no cost without any licensing-hassle. This simplifies sharing
> files and working together.

I like your edit better. It is in the spirit of encouraging the use of
free software and pointing out what free software is available, while
not explicitly discouraging users of other software from contributing.

I think the page could be improved by linking to some of the excellent
screen casts available for The GIMP and Inkscape. They are a wonderful
resource for artists learning new software but most artists I've
talked to don't know that they exist.

Examples:
http://showmedo.com/videos/series?name=kLvrKsrKa
http://screencasters.heathenx.org/