[ubuntu-art] Inkscape export and resizing

Oliver scholli_tz at yahoo.de
Tue Apr 7 17:43:32 BST 2009

Am Dienstag 07 April 2009 17:23:00 schrieb Thorsten Wilms:
> Hi!
>
> Some say that higher quality output can be obtained by exporting from
> Inkscape with the desired size x a-power-of-2, e.g double, fourfold or
> eightfold.
>
> It seems that is the case, but not always.
>
> I did an experiment with just black text on white:
> http://www.piccdrop.com/images/1239116989.png

Inkscape-Bitmapexport (180dpi) and resize it with gthumb is always the best
result. It's a harmony between sharp and smooth and craps better with one
colour to the next one. Think this is an argument for this method. Only
Inkscape in Bitmapexport fails a little bit in round things (light smooth is
missing).

Oliver