[ubuntu-art] New Wave 0.8.0 - Now Official

Alex Armstrong alehandrof at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 20:29:07 BST 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 14:06 +0200, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:
> 2009/4/5 Anton Kerezov <ankere at gmail.com>:
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > I would like to announce the release of New Wave 0.8.0 (although some of
> > you are already using it via Ubuntu 9.04). If you still don't have it
> > you could download it for test from here:
> >
> > 1) https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/New_Wave
> > 2) http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/New+Wave?content=87134
> >
> > P.S. I hope you enjoy using the theme.
> >

> Great work Anton. You perseverance and energy in working on New Wave
> has been an inspiration!
>
> I love new wave. It makes me feel sexy when I use my desktop. And when
> it all breaks down, this is how everybody wants to feel. I am not
> inserting a smiley face here (as I would have done) because I actually
> mean this.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Mikkel

This is a very interesting approach to the interface: that it should
look good in times of crisis. The verity of your comment would not have
registered if not for the following coincidence: I've decided to play
around with fluxbox and I still haven't gotten the gnome-settings-daemon
up, which means I am writing this in the ugly default GTK+ theme.
Although I am getting things done, my desktop's present ugliness is an
overwhelming nuisance.

Alex