[ubuntu-art] Incoming

Alex Armstrong alehandrof at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 22:55:40 BST 2009

On Sun, 2009-04-05 at 16:21 +0200, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Behold a cleaned up
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming
>
> Not relying on automatic page lists is just a tiny little bit more work
> for writers, but you gain so much for the readers ...
>
> I assume
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/DustTheme and
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/New_Wave
> will be continued?
>
> Less sure about:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Nine

Nine is a concept, a set of what I feel are desireable goals, rather
than a theme. They are, as described on the wiki, benevolence (or
non-intrusiveness) and consistency.

The version on the wiki is Nine III, which is obsolete because of
murrine engine updates. I have also decided to move to a different
colour scheme.

The latest incarnation of the concept is Murrina Nine VIIc Humanity 1.0,
which can be found on gnome-look, shortened to Murrina Humanity:
http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=102178

To allay any confusion: Nine refers to the project as a whole; the roman
numerals refer to conceptual versions, while the small letters to code
versions; Humanity is the colour scheme; the arabic numerals refer to
public releases. (I'm just trying to keep my ~/.themes organized :)

Humanity is a dark theme, and I am currently working on a light theme
based on a similar palette, also intending to make a hybrid dark/light
theme.

Leave the page as is for now, and I will tend to it soonish. As noted on
an earlier post, I was hesitant to add the dark version of Humanity,
which is the only one in working state currently, because of the
non-compliance with Firefox and OpenOffice (among other applications) of
dark themes in general.

Regards,
Alex