[ubuntu-art] [Breathe] user-desktop

Ryan Prior ryanprior at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 21:13:19 BST 2009

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 2:58 PM, Chris Tooley <euxneks at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder if we can generate a desktop image on the fly with compiz, sans
> open windows? In this way it is an actual representation of the user's
> desktop and not just a standard one...?

I definitely agree with this sentiment. Our job should not be to create a
desktop icon that resembles the Ubuntu desktop -- if somebody like Compiz or
Gnome decides to do that, they will have that option. I think we are best
served by creating an icon that says "Go to desktop" in a more
theme-agnostic way. In other words, we should do it in the Breathe style,
not the Human style or the Ubuntu style.