[ubuntu-art] Tricky Wiki (Thorsten Wilms)

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Fri Apr 3 08:34:24 BST 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-02 at 20:54 -0400, John Baer wrote:

> The Fedora community was having trouble maintaining their wiki back when
> it was MoinMoin 1.5.8 and decided to switch to MediaWiki. However, much
> of the design work of their current wiki was done with MoinMoin.
>
> IMO there is a lot of potential in MoinMoin. I don't know the best
> approach, but the Fedora community used mockups to brain storm their
> ideas.

Sure, but as we just heard, with a redesign planned this year, now isn't
a good time to propose a new wiki theme. So improvements must happen a
level below that.

For example, I replaced the generated list of sub-pages on the Artwork
page with an explicit list to gain more control. Similar could be done
in other places.

We have this, now:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Website/MinorWikiTweaks

--