[ubuntu-art] Retreat from Ubuntu Artwork

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Wed Apr 1 12:14:08 BST 2009

Hi!

With the possible exception of some work for The Fridge, I will pull out
of all ubuntu-related artwork!

I'm worried about the move of dumping brown for Karmic and have been
less and less satisfied with the distribution.

I'm preparing to join the Fedora artwork community instead, now that it
seems save to say they will not make another mistake like the artwork
for 7, which was too imaginative and hence distracting from the cold,
hard work we all should be doing.

(see http://pthree.org/2009/02/05/ubuntu-vs-fedora-artwork/)

Sadly they have an elitist approach and don't just let everyone in
before submitting artwork meeting some "quality level", but I'm
confident I can make it and look past this silly step.

Too bad I didn't finish my wallpaper collection, but I think I can turn
them all blue for Fedora!

I will miss the short and to-the-point, heart-felt comments we sometimes
got to enjoy here, but I have to move on.

Farewell!

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: