[ubuntu-art] Dust menubar evolution

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Mon Sep 29 13:10:20 BST 2008

On Sun, 2008-09-28 at 19:43 -0700, Rico Sta. Cruz wrote:

> 1) Light toolbars
>     http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/9896/dusttoolbarko0.png

That's interesting. Although, conceptually, the menu-bar is much closer
to the tool-bar than to the title-bar.

> 2) Light version.
>     http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/4532/dustsand2ks2.png

Promising. Round wm-buttons move it towards Apple, though, I'd say, as
much as I dislike worrying about that :)

> 3) New scrollbars!
>    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/6352/dustnewscrollbarsfj4.png

The shading of the trough looks a bit like an overdose of ambient
occlusion. I think you would do better with thinner shadows on the
sides. The idea of letting the bar run out on the ends is an interesting
touch. The slider looks like it is offset to the left from the middle.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/