[ubuntu-art] Kyūdō: Audience and Message

Joshua Booth mr.booth2145 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 21:47:14 BST 2008

There are only seven movie editors I can find. Cinelerra may be
professional, but it has nowhere near the potential that the easy interface
of Windows Movie Maker had. The only thing that is Gnome-based and that
seems to have a nice interface is Kino, and it *doesn't even have a
timeline. *How are you supposed to make a movie without a timeline?

The only other program that does have a timeline is Kdenlive, but it's for
KDE and for some reason crashes whenever I use it. Plus there hasn't been an
update since 2007, and the latest news is from June 26, 2008.

The new version was scheduled for release in March. And the year is almost
through. It's definitely time for a new movie editor, one that has all the
functionality of Kdenlive and the usability of Kino.