[ubuntu-art] ubuntu-art Digest, Vol 39, Issue 67

Gary Stanley gstanley at admin.eastdevon.ac.uk
Fri Sep 26 12:43:05 BST 2008

I feel much the same way. I've been watching the art discussion list for
quite some time and the one thing that comes across more than anything
(or it appears like it to me) is that the art side of development is
almost like an afterthought.

Don't get me wrong, I applaud the effort in killing bugs and bringing
out better software to be included in the next release,  but the lack of
a "pretty" interface it isn't helping the migration of users over to
Linux from Windows or Apple when they are used to certain "eye candy" on
those operating systems and that is all they care about ... Canonical
and Ubuntu are missing a trick here in my lowly opinion.