[ubuntu-art] Kyūdō: Audience and Message

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Thu Sep 25 18:55:02 BST 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-25 at 16:14 +0100, José Luis wrote:
> So we are targetting the same people as Apple. That's a good thing, coz
> we can't be wrong if we and the apple engineers agree.

Not sure about that :)

> Why do the current young web-savvy professionals use Mac?
> Mac gives them what they want in a gorgeus box.

Partly yes. But this audience is surely not entirely made of Mac users,
I'd say.

> We can give them the same (or better)... for free, and that's why they
> may choose us over Mac

This shouldn't be the only reason. It's also a risk, because there's
still the "if it's free, it can't be that good" thinking.

I agree on the need for apps like a decent video editor and games.
Problems we have to be aware of, yet are out of the scope of this

Thanks for the input.

Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: