[ubuntu-art] Stunning Ubuntu video presentations

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Tue Sep 23 15:09:42 BST 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 2:47 AM, Mads Rosendahl <madsrh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> I think Ubuntu could use some stunning video presentations.

> Although the art-team makes beautiful art, we most likely have to team
> up with some animators, perhaps from the Blender forum, to get slick
> animations, a professional look, transitions and so on.

Hi Mads, the web presence team had a tiny bit of discussion relating
to this recently. I want to encourage you (or someone who is duly
motivated) to take the reigns on this and get it done.

We (the web presence team) would love to have some attractive visual
content to feature. I will not mislead you, these pieces you pointed
to are beautiful, high quality works demonstrating the results of many
many hours of labour. It will be a challenge to do.

If you want to see it done, I would envision the process being:

 * Decide on the message - it should be something timeless since a: it
may take more than one release cycle and b: you don't want it to look
out of date in 6 months.

 * Wireframe/sketch the key frames

 * Recruit talented people to help produce it. (There are talented
people on this list and I suspect many are waiting and watching for
the opportunity to use their talents for something meaningful)

 * Produce it. :-)

I am a firm believer in, "see a need and fill it." The points you made
are good and I think you should go for it.

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode