[ubuntu-art] New Wave Opinions and Final Testing

spg76 sebastianporta at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 15:35:13 BST 2008

2008/9/19 Anton Kerezov <ankere at gmail.com>

> В 15:20 +0200 на 19.09.2008 (пт), Yann Dìnendal написа:
> > On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 10:36, Anton Kerezov <ankere at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >         New Wave reached version 0.6 and has some great improvement
> >         thanks to
> >         the feedback of people using. I would like to ask everybody
> >         that has
> >         several minutes to spare to download and test the theme for
> >         any bugs
> >         that are not already reported at LP:
> >
> >         https://bugs.launchpad.net/anton
> >
> >         If you want you can even help solving the remaining opened
> >         bugs.
> >
> >         You could get the theme here (Download section):
> >
> >         https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid/NewWave
> >
> >         Recent screenhots are available in the metacity section.
> >

> >         Again I would be very happy if you discuss here any bugs you
> >         find or
> >         even report thrm in bugzilla.
> >

> >         Anton
> >
> > I really like it! Especially the fact that there is a gdm and un-lock
> > theme! I believe there is an icon theme somewhere on lauchpad but I
> > don't know how to get it?
>
> You should be able to get the icon theme by branching from bzr using a
> command like 'bzr branch lp:~ubuntu-new-wave/anton/devel.icons'. For
> more info look here (the Get this branch label):
> https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-new-wave/anton/devel.icons<https://code.launchpad.net/%7Eubuntu-new-wave/anton/devel.icons>
>

> > The un-lock theme is great, but is the black thick border around it
> > normal?
>
> Well no but there is currently no way to do this otherwise with round
> corners that are transparent. I may decrease the size of the border but
> it would still not be perfect.
>

> > I've seen a bug but I can't screen-cap it: on the GDM theme, in
> > French, the first of the three bottom-left buttons reads "mise en
> > veille", on two lines, and the first word, "mise", is hidden
> > underneath the button.
> >
> > Yann Dìnendal
> >

> Check if this is the same bug:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/anton/+bug/265079
>

> Otherwise do you find any bugs in the gtk theme? Anything odd? Its
> better to tell me now because in a few days I'm leaving town and won't
> be able to fix them any time soon (university stuff :) )
>

> Anton

Hi, Anton.
First of all, sorry for my lack of contribution to the icon theme but I
didn't find the time to put the effort that deserves it.
Right now, I'm waiting for the community theme to get going and see what can
I contribute there, and I'm making some icons just for practicing :) You can
take a look at them at http://spg76.deviantart.com/
About the theme, I think that looks great. The changes you make from the
first version to the current one are fantastic.
I must say, however, that I like better the previous metacity buttons than
the ones in 0.6. Right now it's my ony complain.
I'll try to keep an eye for bugs and report them.
Once again, great work.
Regards.
--
Seba (AKA spg76)