[ubuntu-art] The WidescreenIbexSunset wallpaper

Anton Kerezov ankere at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 08:51:57 BST 2008

В 00:32 -0700 на 19.09.2008 (пт), Rico Sta. Cruz написа:
> Thats a very nice idea, but IMHO lacks a bit on the execution side of things.
> But I think you're onto something :)
>

> Bart Van Loy wrote:
> >
> > Hello everyone ,
> >
> > I've made some final changes to the wallpaper .
> > Plz feel free to comment , i really wanna know if someone likes it .
> >
> > Here you'll find it :
> >
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid/IbexSunset-widescreen
> >
> > Greetz to you all .
> >
> > AutiCoder

I agree with Rico but I think you could do it better. IMHO it needs some
more depth and detail to the front plan (the ibex and the rocks). Maybe
you can add the silhouette of grass or high mountain plants. The light
rays just behind the ibex remind me of a rain "wall" that is pouring out
of the sky (hope you know what I mean). And if that are going to be
storm clouds they need more volume and light touches to give them more
materialism.

Anton