[ubuntu-art] What do we want to do for Jaunty?

Cory K. coryisatm at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 16 13:52:37 BST 2008

Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 08:29 -0400, Cory K. wrote:
>
>> I had the idea to create a package where we couple through a couple of
>> walls, themes and GDM called "community-artwork. Sound fine for all?
>>

> Are we talking about a package that we offer ourselves, or one that
> should make it on the CD? I just ask to make this very clear ;)

What sits in the repo. If canonical likes what we do, they can pit
something in their package. Though, they will have to let us know as it
will cause a packaging conflict.

>> How many theme items do we put in it to start? 2 walls, 2 themes, 2
>> GDMs? I'm looking for numbers to shoot for but obviously things can change.
>>

> 3 is the minimum feel-good number. 2 doesn't feel like a set. Above 5
> you slowly walk into oh-my--so-many-choices land.

Fine by me. Though, 3 GDM themes will be hard to come buy. I don't think
I've seen 1 working one all cycle from us. Seems it's been all GTK themes.

Not that this is gonna happen now, but we should have our choices in
mind for what will go into the package.

-Cory K.