[ubuntu-art] What is the art team?

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Tue Sep 16 13:40:28 BST 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 01:24 +0100, Who wrote:

> Okay, how about
>
> "The Artwork Team aims to enrich Ubuntu by designing and packaging
> high quality, original and beautiful themes to be available as an
> alternative to the default look.
>
> We tend to work in small groups on themes, so alongside people with a
> strong vision who can lead a team, we need plenty of others that can
> work together to help polish  a great complete, cohesive look.
>
> This involves designers, packagers and GTK+ & QT themeing experts, and
> we could certainly do with a few more hackers."

Good. I agree with Kenneth that there is no need to put further emphasis
on the fact that we don't make the default theme.

But I miss a note on artwork outside theming. Wallpapers are a bit of a
corner case. I'm not sure if everyone associates icons with themes.
There's the occasional request for a banner.

"The Artwork Team aims to enrich Ubuntu by creating artwork and
especially by designing and packaging original themes to be available as
an alternative to the default look."

?

I left out high-quality and beautiful, because who would want to create
low quality and ugly themes? ;)

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: