[ubuntu-art] Meeting IRC log - Wallpaper

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Sun Sep 14 10:13:00 BST 2008

On Sun, 2008-09-14 at 01:35 -0700, Rico Sta. Cruz wrote:

>  - It's trendy -- It's not a 'timeless' piece, it's something that looks
> cool because it takes advantage of recent graphic art trends/cliches.

I might agree with your other points, but not this one. We are talking
about 6 months, not a place in the Museum of Modern Art ;)

I'd say trendy is alright, as long as it's not just a "me too" design.

Regarding size, just think of the common aspects: 4:3, 5:4, 16:9, 16:10
and look at with what resolutions displays and laptops have been sold
with. Hard to find good statistics, it seems, but here's one, at least:
http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_display.asp

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: