[ubuntu-art] What is the art team?

Cory K. coryisatm at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 12 17:46:00 BST 2008

John Baer wrote:
> All,
>
> Shining a different light on the question I would say the purpose of the
> "Art Team" is to add value to Ubuntu.
>
> The method we use to accomplish this desire is artwork in the form of
> icons, banners, wallpapers, combined with computer code and other
> images. Some of this effort is bundled into "Themes".
>
> Whether this is a mailing list thread or a team is truly dependent upon
> the activities of those who participate.
>
> Whether the finished product becomes the default for one of the many
> products which comprises Ubuntu is not important as long as the effort
> adds value.
>
> IMO the work being produced here is top notch and there is a lot to be
> proud of.
>
> Open source is all about choice and folks will seek out what best meets
> their needs.
>
> As for myself, I'm very excited to try the Dust Theme as soon as time
> permits. Who knows, maybe "Dust" will be my and others default Ubuntu
> theme. :)

Agreed.

*One* of the problems has been, "Where do we put the work?" This is one
of the things I hope to address by getting the various technical things
in place. Launchpad/BZR/packages, what have you.

Beyond that, I'll be trying to establish *some* kinda roadmap for us to
follow during a cycle. It's gonna be hard but I think we can do some
basic stuff that won't be too restrictive creatively. But that will be a
topic for us to discuss.

-Cory K.