[ubuntu-art] What is the art team?

Michael Stephenson mickstephenson at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 12 01:24:24 BST 2008

2008/9/12 Vadim Peretokin <vperetokin at gmail.com>

> Why is there a need?
>
> Here's how it works - art team provides themes, Canonical chooses.
>
> That won't change.
>
> So what change would you like? Have a boss who tells each artist what to do
> or?

Canonical would take the team more seriously, and more successes would be
achieved from this list if there were a structure emulating the kind of
order that exists inside Canonical itself. There is a hell of a lot of noise
on the list and on the wiki, that's created purely though default theme
ambition. Case in point,  there was a little bit of talk about shiki-colors
by perfectska04, which is a very good theme with alot of potential he posted
once on the list once or twice, where is he now? Is it that lack of
persistance in list posting caused it to fade into obscurity? Certainly not
because he doesn't have the persistance to work on his themes. I couldn't
possibly be considered a member of the team, but this is how the list seems
to me, rather fruitless.
Michael