[ubuntu-art] Icon Library

Matthew McGowan matthew.joseph.mcgowan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 01:53:39 BST 2008

Hi,

I hope this isn't a double post as i tried to send a mail to the list
the other day but it didn't appear.

I have made a small application to view icon themes.  Hopefully it will
come in useful given that there is much discussion atm about icon themes
and the like.

Icon Library lets you:

1)  View complete icon sets
2)  Easily search icon sets
3)  Check which icons comply to the freedesktop.org Standard Icon Naming
specification
4)  Compare icons against different background colours, atm your
treeview style.base default, white, grey, and dark grey.

To run Icon Library:
python /path/to/iconlibrary.py

No doubt the code ain't the prettiest, i am new to all things coding,
python and gtk, gnome.
Let me know of any features you would like, or any bugs you find.

One thing i plan to add when i get the time is a notification of names
in the Icon Naming Spec that have not been covered by an icon theme.

Download the file here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=84808&d=1221043171
(sorry its hosted at the Ubuntu forums so you'll need a ubuntu forum login)

I've attached a screenshot as well.

Regards,
Matthew McGowan