[ubuntu-art] ubuntu-art Digest, Vol 39, Issue 28

Nicholas Kraak lostoverthere at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 08:18:04 BST 2008

> Message: 6
> Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 22:37:30 -0400
> From: "Danny Piccirillo" <danny.piccirillo at ubuntu.com>
> Subject: Re: [ubuntu-art] New Theme every LTS release
> To: "Discussion on Ubuntu artwork" <ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.com>
>
> Okay i think i understand. Do you see any problem with getting new themes
> included? Or perhaps a lack of effort creating new themes? There seem to be
> lots of mockups that everybody loves, but aren't being turned into themes.
> Why is this?I love ubuntu, but i think it needs a lot of work on the
> interface, 'look and feel' and speed (although that's unrelated). Do you
> think the current system is fine? Should it change or should something be
> done to make the system work better?

There is certainly *not* a lack of effort in creating new themes. I suggest
you check out Dust, Shiki-Ubuntu, Kin Tonic, New Wave and some of the other
great themes the community has created. Yes, there are a lot of mock-ups *
everyone* loves, Dust is one of them and its being developed (it also looks
brilliant, I might add). You seem fairly uninformed over the next few
statements, there are lots of community themes here, as I previously said.

Regards,
Nicholas