[ubuntu-art] Automatic Icon Color Adjustment?

Anton Kerezov ankere at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 19:24:32 BST 2008

В 19:49 +0200 на 06.09.2008 (сб), Thorsten Wilms написа:
> On Sat, 2008-09-06 at 15:55 +0200, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
>
> > http://thorwil.wordpress.com/2008/09/06/define-icon-palette-via-background-colors/
>
> And related:
> http://thorwil.wordpress.com/2008/09/06/automatic-icon-color-adjustment/

That is very interesting indeed. If we can make some extension to
nautilus or gtk itself to adjust the hue and the contrast of the icons
at runtime depending on the prevailing bg color it would be very good.
If we consider the fact that the gimp code can be used it should be
really easy task to do.

Another option would be to have several different icons that represent,
for example, folder and named smth like this:
	folder_normal
	folder_dark
	folder_light
	folder_midtone
	folder_{color name or definition}
and use them upon automatic detection of the icon's bg.

Is this stuff possible?

Anton