[ubuntu-art] New Theme every LTS release

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Thu Sep 4 13:06:14 BST 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 07:46 -0400, Danny Piccirillo wrote:

> I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but i've been trying
> to think of ways to get new, better themes into Ubuntu. What i mean
> is, every release, we see beautiful mockups, but nothing ever comes of
> it. I think something needs to change so that these mockups have a
> chance of getting worked on. If not this, i think something should be
> done differently to address this problem-- it doesn't matter what. My
> idea is simply that after every LTS release, a mockup is voted on to
> work on for the next LTS release, giving plenty of time to work on it.
> Is this reasonable? Would this work?

There have been many discussions in varying places, including where it
belongs, the ubuntu-art mailing list.

There have been various efforts over the years and there are new ones in
planning stages.

While I'm sure you have the best intentions, posting on several mailing
lists at once is not a good idea, as people subscribed to some/all of
the list with see lots of duplicated mails, while people that are not on
all lists will sooner or later not get to see all relevant posts.

For this reason, I like would ask everyone to not reply, except on the
artwork list. (You can argue I shouldn't have either ... well, fine :)

Thanks!

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: