[ubuntu-art] We *will* create a new icon set for Ubuntu. (naming)

Brian mirror_of_twilight at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 3 18:15:34 BST 2008

----- Original Message ----

From: Cory K. <coryisatm at ubuntu.com>
To: Discussion on Ubuntu artwork <ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 3, 2008 10:06:23 AM
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-art] We *will* create a new icon set for Ubuntu. (naming)

Ken Vermette wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 10:49 PM, Ken Vermette <vermette at gmail.com
> <mailto:vermette at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 6:10 PM, Cory K. <coryisatm at ubuntu.com
>     <mailto:coryisatm at ubuntu.com>> wrote:
>
>         Cory K. wrote:
>         > Thorsten Wilms wrote:
>         >
>         >> On Tue, 2008-09-02 at 10:26 -0400, Cory K. wrote
>         >>
>         >>> So. Name, thoughts?
>         >>>
>         >>>
>         >> Breath or Breeze would be ok. Inhale makes me think of certain
>         >> substances, but maybe that's ok, too :)
>         >>
>         >
>         > So we have:
>         >
>         >     * Breath
>         >     * Breeze
>         >     * Ozone (via kwwii on IRC)
>         >
>         > Sorry to be stuck on my tagline. It just so rocks. :) And
>         gives a nice
>         > nod to the KDE folks.
>         >
>         > "Because humans need oxygen."
>         >
>         > So far "Breath" is the one that best fits. Mind you, I don't
>         think it
>         > needs to be an English word.
>
>         "umoya" is apparently Zulu for "air". http://isizulu.net
>         Might work
>         (thorwil's idea)
>
>         I'll let this go 'till Thursday if nothing decisive happens
>         tomorrow. I
>         need to start the wikipages.
>
>         -Cory K.
>
>         --
>

>     "Busica"; Show and display, show and display our icons.
>
>     "Were not Oxygen, we are not Tango, we are proud to display, not
>     mimic."
>
>     -Ken Vermette
>

> That would have been much more dramatic if I spelled it properly...
> Round 2!
>
> "Bukisa" - Show and display, show and display our icons.
>
> "Were not Oxygen, we are not Tango, we are proud to display, not mimic."
>
> -Ken Vermette
So we have:

    * Breath
    * Breeze
    * Ozone
    * Umoya (Zulu for air)
    * Bukisa (which I'm still a little lost on it's meaning) :)

I'm trying to have the name/tagline be a nod to the good work of the
Oxygen artists.

ATM, I'm leaning toward Breath and Umoya. Keep in mind, its just an
iconset name. What it looks like is most important. :D

I'll be picking *something* within the next 8hrs or so.

-Cory K.
--
----- End Original Message ----

I think I like Breathe better than Breath. Just my opinion though. (:

-Brian