[ubuntu-art] Intrepid Ibex and 4th Anniversary ideas for a t-shirt

Mauricio Hernandez Z. mhz at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 13 04:08:00 BST 2008

> Cool. Did you get Canonical permission to use the logo/name? Do you plan
> on selling these? If you didn't, I would drop them a line.
> http://www.ubuntu.com/aboutus/trademarkpolicy As this is a "community
> effort" there shouldn't be an issue, but it's still not license to do
> whatever with the logo.
>
> -Cory K.

good point, Cory, thanks for reminding me of that policy.

It was my mistake. By default, I thought that being an Ubuntu Member
it was permitted to use Ubuntu logo and name in order to better
achieve "evangelizing"  and spreading the word. Everywhere I give a
talk, or go training people about Ubuntu takes effort and money -as
you already know :). So printing CDs, DVDs, Flyers, prints-outs, and
T-shirts is also something expensive but also useful because I can
give some of them away and sell the rest. Of course, I use the
"earnings" (if any...most of the time there is almost little to cover
the expenses only) to keep on the road, evangelizing.

I will write Canonical about this, of course.
--
Cheers,

Mauricio Hernandez Z.

[Mail escrito sin caracteres especiales o acentos para evitar
conflictos de lectura entre sistemas]