[ubuntu-art] Kyūdō: Working on the Foundation

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Sun Oct 5 19:32:39 BST 2008

On Sun, 2008-10-05 at 19:31 +0200, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:
> 2008/10/5 Thorsten Wilms <t_w_ at freenet.de>:

> One does not need to push people about to be a leader. A better way to
> phrase it might be "responsible person" or even just "contact person".
> This is very handy when trying to stick to a roadmap. Also when people
> go absent: When (not "if", but "when") the Roadmap Responsible takes a
> long vacation anyone should be able to step in as replacement because
> it is really just about collecting the various contacts of the sub
> projects and get status reports from those and update the roadmap
> accordingly.

I was only joking regarding pushing people ;)
Now I am the contact person for all things Kyūdō. I do want to get the
project running. Long term, I want to be able to step back and have it
working without me.

> Breaking the tasks into smaller well defined components should also
> make it less daunting to accept the responsibility of one of them. A
> "Roadmap Contact" might have the job description: "Make sure the
> Roadmap wiki page is up to date and maintain the list of contacts for
> the sub projects", that is easy an simple to live up to and should
> take too much time. Maybe this could even be managed inside
> launchpad...

Once there's actually at least one team working on a theme, we will have
different responsibilities and will indeed need a schedule.

> I can not get involved more than a bit of commenting and review
> although I would like to. I simply don't have the time as I am running
> a few too many other FOSS projects on the side already :-)

You have my deepest understanding ;)

> However feel free to use me as a "technical consultant". As I am no
> stranger to Gnome development I might be able to service a few
> requests regarding "can you create a patch to Murrine that does
> <foo>?". I have done that in the past at least. In case we go serious
> about one of the patches I can also work with upstream on the
> integration.

Noted and thanks for this offer!

--
Thorsten Wilms