[ubuntu-art] Inspiration mockups.

Rico Sta. Cruz dropbox at ambiescent.com
Sat Oct 4 11:01:40 BST 2008

Hi everyone.

Just want to show everyone a few things I've been working on. Note that
these aren't proposed Ubuntu mockups or anything, just more of a "let's see
if anything inspiring can come out of it" thing.

Just sharing. I hope one of these can inspire someone out there.

#1) Sin
I've always thought that something interesting can come out of using
textures. Here's a quick test.
http://customize.org/download/screenshots/57766/57576/Sin._(WIP).jpg

#2) Bamboo
What about taking that textures further (to the point of overkill)? Also,
what about thick borders?
http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/7209/bamboosk4.jpg

#3) Studio (!)
Here's a refinement of Bamboo to fit the Ubuntu Studio brand somehow. (_MMA_
are you listening? :)
http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/263/studiomd0.jpg

#4) Spirit
How about excessive use of gradients?