[ubuntu-art] shiny trashcan submission

Danny King dannyking at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 19:24:54 BST 2008

Ooh, nice work! I like both bins very much so I don't know which I
prefer. Before I add my critique let me say that I really like the
icon.

I think the shape is slightly wrong. To me it looks more like a
thimble than a bin and I think that's because the bottom is too
narrow. I'd be interested to see what it would look like if the base
was only slightly smaller than the top. I also think the inside slopes
at the wrong angle, it appears to be very thick metal - perhaps if the
inside sloped more vertically down it might appear thinner.

I think the left, dark streak should be made more transparent (or
lighter) but the light one to the right is beautiful.

The very important 48x48 icon looks great with your design so nice
work. Overall it's a very nice icon. :)