[ubuntu-art] New Wave Question

Jonathan Blackhall johnny.one.eye at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 18:40:41 GMT 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 11:50 AM, Anton Kerezov <ankere at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I haven't been writing in the mailing list for some long time but now I
> have PC and Internet connection so I can continue my work on New Wave
> theme. I may not be able to spare as much time as before but the work on
> the theme will continue.
>
> Now I'm working on newer version that is going to have some enchanters
> such as animation-like behaviour of check and option buttons as well as
> better focus system (images). One thing that bothers me and other people
> though is the menubar+titlebar looking too flat or strange. So I'd like
> you to help me with some ideas. I'm thinking of adding some kind of
> texture but I don't know what. Plese share your opinion freely. Every
> word could be the key to some inspiration!
>
> Anton

One problem I've always had with New Wave is that transparency does not seem
to be set correctly for the gnome panels.  I like setting the panel
transparency to ~70%.  It works fine for the panel itself but not many of
the things on it, including the background behind them menu titles
(Applications, Places, System) and I believe the notification area.  This
has not been a problem with the Human theme or other custom themes I have
used.  I'm using the New Wave packaged in the community-themes package.

Jonathan