[ubuntu-art] Great Inkscape guide

Cory K. coryisatm at ubuntu.com
Sat Nov 22 00:35:11 GMT 2008

Taken from Inkscape.org:

"New book on Inkscape is available
November 09, 2008

In early July 2008 a joint Inkscape and FLOSS Manuals project held a
book sprint in Paris sponsored by Google. Half a dozen of contributors
from Netherlands, France, USA, Australia and Russia participated at the
sprint to create a new user manual in English.
http://en.flossmanuals.net/Inkscape

We were asked to do 14 chapters, but we did 35 chapters. The book is now
available on-line free of charge from FLOSS Manuals and for a small fee
as hardcopy from Lulu. (http://www.lulu.com/content/4617381) The income
will go to FLOSS Manuals project that provides the infrastructure for
collaborative work on documentation and to Inkscape's documentation team
for funding future book sprints.

The documentation team is determined to update the new manual frequently
and invites you to participate at both improving English version and
translating it into other languages.

We thank Google for funding the book sprint, FLOSS Manuals for providing
great infrastructure that finally made collaborative work on the manual
a sweet reality, and organizers of Open Translation Tools 2007
conference for bringing FLOSS Manuals and Inkscape face to face!"

I ordered the printed copy. :)

-Cory K.