[ubuntu-art] Canonical's approach to Jaunty

Adam gusztee at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 08:08:58 GMT 2008

> At the current state I would bet on three (or more years) until things are
> really done. Trust me, I was involved in the kde 3 to 4 transition and it has
> taken more time than planned.
>
> --
> Ken

so how are we gonna compete with others who already have the features
what gtk developers just plan to implement in 3 years?!
I like gnome, I use gnome, I dont feel comfortable in Kde, but I can say
it has way less features than Kde at some point, and it seems for me the
API has less than qt as well.
for example talking about file management, dolphins interface with all
the views and everything is much developed than nautilus, or they have a
real alternative to total commander with krusader.