[ubuntu-art] New Wave Icons

Julian Oliver julian at selectparks.net
Thu May 29 15:03:45 BST 2008

..on or around Thu, May 29, 2008 at 12:50:51AM +0200 François Degrave wrote:
> 2008/5/28 fruchtschwert <fruchtschwert at freenet.de>:
>
> > Am Sonntag, den 25.05.2008, 16:17 +0300 schrieb Anton Kerezov:
> > > ?? 14:56 +0200 ???? 25.05.2008 (????), Mario Viviani ????????????:
> > icons.

> > > The restart icon is not as good as I wanted. If you include them please
> > > leave it aside.

> > ideas?

> > which
> > can
> > >
> > > The icons are good but I think they stand a little bit unfinished. Try
> > > to use outline wit some matching color (not black) so that the user can
> > > better visually see where the icon ends.
> > >
> > > When you are done upload the changes ;)
> > >
> > > Anton
> > >

> > Hey,
> >
> > first of all, I want to compliment sebastian for the great brown
> > navigation-icons. I think we should keep them like that ..
> >

> Maybe I'm the only one, but I don't like them at all.

admittedly i don't like them at all either. they look like they've been
'burned' - as though made of burnt paper - and appear to have been made
by simply dragging the gradient tool over the shape of the icon.

finally they stand out far too much, far too 'in-your-face' to be icons
i could live with.

that said, why not post them to gnome-look and get some feedback from
users? maybe they'll be a hit.

cheers,

--
julian oliver