[ubuntu-art] New Wave Icons

fruchtschwert fruchtschwert at freenet.de
Wed May 28 16:17:26 BST 2008

Am Sonntag, den 25.05.2008, 16:17 +0300 schrieb Anton Kerezov:
> В 14:56 +0200 на 25.05.2008 (нд), Mario Viviani написа:
> > Mario V.
> > > >
> > > Hi, I think they look good. The one that I like the most it's the
> > > mail-send icon.
>
> The restart icon is not as good as I wanted. If you include them please
> leave it aside.

> > > I can make a few alternatives if you want and then we can choose which
> > > way is the best.
> > > Also, I've made alternate versions of some actions icons. You can
> > > check them out at
> > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/sebastianporta/tags/actions/ and you can
> > > see it on a screenshot at
> > > http://img355.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pantallazo1dy8.png
>
> The icons are good but I think they stand a little bit unfinished. Try
> to use outline wit some matching color (not black) so that the user can
> better visually see where the icon ends.
>
> When you are done upload the changes ;)
>
> Anton

Hey,

first of all, I want to compliment sebastian for the great brown
navigation-icons. I think we should keep them like that ..

Some time ago, I uploaded new categories-icons with grey folders in the
background. The problem is, that not all of them are displayed.
For example, once after a restart, the office and games-icons appeared
for me, but now they are gone again (don't know why). Maybe someone can
tell me, which symlinks I have to create or how to rename the icons?

Or maybe you could fix it, Sebastian ..

@Sebastian: your new calculator icon, has the same offset-problem for
me, like the one with the exclamation mark. My "corrected" one: see link
below :-)

I have new proposals for the cd-burner-icon and the rhythmbox-icon, too,
but I don't know where to copy them. Maybe, someone knows better than
me .. ;-)

I also would propose changing the colors for the logout-screen icons
again, because I think the red of the logout-icon is too dominant. I
would say orange for that, and blue for hibernation again.

You can find my proposals here:

http://fruchtsalat.uni.cc/res/new_icons.tar.gz

Cheers
Martin