[ubuntu-art] New Wave : pixmap buttons and general issues

Giuseppe Pennisi giupenni78 at gmail.com
Mon May 26 21:40:02 BST 2008

Anton Kerezov ha scritto:
> В 13:43 +0200 на 26.05.2008 (пн), Giuseppe Pennisi написа:
> > Il giorno lun, 26/05/2008 alle 13.14 +0200, Mario Viviani ha scritto:
> > > In my opinion pixmap is not the answer. Every pixmap theme i tested on
> > > my machine was slower and less efficient than engine ones.
> > > So i think we're better focus on Clearlooks or Murrine. If murrine-svg
> > > is going to be released in late August i think we have to focus on
> > > Clearlooks.. I prefer Murrine but time of development and testing is
> > > the main problem...
> > >
> > I agree with you.
> > About the engine to use I think we have focus on Clearlooks because
> > murrine-svn is going to be released in August.
> >
> > > Aurora is too slow? Maybe i can make a prototype using Aurora...
> > >
> > I have not experience with Aurora but I think that we could try...but
> > Aurora has chance to be inserts into intrepid?
>
> I've uploaded the buttons to LP. Btw the menu now looks more heavy and
> buggy when moving the mouse(inverted and more orangish). The whole
> effect of transparency is gone. Before it was smooth because the text
> color of selected and unselected menu item was the same.
>
> Anton

I'm testing the current branch of the theme...I think that in this way
we many problems.

In the panel, application bar:
http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nwtrunkfc9.png

I tried to change the text color but the color changes also in menu
panel.
Here the old version:
http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nwpaneloldversionebq5.png

Others problems can be see in this screenshot (dotted border in buttons
and prelight more clear in checkbox..and more..):
http://img105.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nwtrunk2lo8.png

I think the proble is pixmap engine that not allows it, right?

Giuseppe P.

ps: Anton I think we might update the wiki (newwave pack for testing and
screenshot) because we have made important change. I can make the
screenshot of the precedent version because the last version is more
incomplete.