[ubuntu-art] New Wave : buttons

Giuseppe Pennisi giupenni78 at gmail.com
Sun May 25 18:54:03 BST 2008

Il giorno dom, 25/05/2008 alle 20.36 +0300, Anton Kerezov ha scritto:
> В 18:43 +0200 на 25.05.2008 (нд), Giuseppe Pennisi написа:
> > Il giorno dom, 25/05/2008 alle 18.32 +0200, François Degrave ha
> scritto:
> > >

> > > 2008/5/25 Giuseppe Pennisi <giupenni78 at gmail.com>:
> > >         François Degrave ha scritto:
> > >         > Hi!
> > >         >
> > >         > I worked quite a lot on this! The lifts are not totally
> > >         finished yet.
> > >         >

> > >         Good Work. And Very Nice....but...
> > >         ...allow the engine it?
> > >
> > > I don't know, but if that actually exists:
> > > http://www.silvestre.com.ar/wp-content/uploaded/dark-tech.png
> > > then it must be possible...
> > >
> > It's just a mockup. I don't know if we can find an engine that can
> make
> > this. Unfortunately.
> >
> > Giuseppe P.
>
> It is possible to make this with the pixmap engine. Here are the
> results:

Yes, I know it.
But I think that used pixmap is a bad idea and not best way to make a
theme, especially if we would hope to use it as default in Ubuntu.
The pixmap engine is slow e not performing. The pixmap engine might be
used only for little workaround and I think it is already used enough in
NewWave. Increase the use of pixmap engine is not good idea.

Giuseppe P.