[ubuntu-art] New Wave graphical guidelines

Anton Kerezov ankere at gmail.com
Sat May 24 10:21:05 BST 2008

В 16:03 +0200 на 23.05.2008 (пт), Valentin Steinwandter написа:
> What about this?
>
> At the moment:
> http://img55.imageshack.us/my.php?image=11ye5.png
>
> Nicer?
> http://img55.imageshack.us/my.php?image=22lz7.png

Is this a mockup or something you can do so that I can see it on my pc?

> Am Freitag, den 23.05.2008, 15:41 +0200 schrieb Giuseppe Pennisi:
> > François Degrave ha scritto:

>       Although I generally like the text I do not agree with some

	I meant color, not shape and shadows! So if your hint was for the
shadows I agree.

> > In this regard, about consistency of the theme, I have made some
> > proposal of consistency between metacity-frame-menubar and application
> > active in taskbar.
> >
> > http://img267.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nw1uu0.png
> >
> > http://img60.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nw2gc9.png

If that is the consistency problem then upload a fix in LP ;)

> > Further, I think that the active item of the menu must be a bit more
> > clear.
> >
> > http://img367.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nw3ef0.png

The thing with gradients and fading lines is an experiment to see if it
is comfortable for the user. I personally like it but the gradients can
really be removed. But let others say is it comfortable or not?

As far as the orangish color in the menus it is not good because
distracts your attention from the icon and the text. Personal
opinion ...

Anton