[ubuntu-art] New Wave graphical guidelines

Giuseppe Pennisi giupenni78 at gmail.com
Fri May 23 14:41:13 BST 2008

François Degrave ha scritto:
> Anton Kerezov a écrit :
> > В 15:38 +0200 на 22.05.2008 (чт), François Degrave написа:
> >
> >> Because we need to work all together in a single direction, without
> >> losing efforts for useless things, I took some time today and
> >> yesterday to write the graphical guidelines for New Wave.
> >>
> >> Could you please read them carefully? Here they are:
> >> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid/NewWave?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=graphical_guidelines.pdf
> >>

> > I agree that we need such king of guidelines but they need to me more
> > definite. Although I generally like the text I do not agree with some
> > points:
> >
> > 	1. Taskbar/Windows consistency - That is not true. The taskbar is
> > really different from the title bar and the menus of an application
> > because there you have program shortcuts and status icons that change
> > over time.
> >
> Ok, but currently the windows and the taskbar do not seem to be part of
> a whole. They look too different to have a nice visual effect. And it is
> true that the taskbar has more functionalities than a menubar, but the
> "menu part" of the taskbar should certainly have the same look as a menubar.

I agree with Fracnois. IMHO, in this way (like write Francois) the theme
looks more uniform and a good impact for user. Use many shades of color
on the same theme make this pleasant little for user and little
consistency in its entirety.

In this regard, about consistency of the theme, I have made some
proposal of consistency between metacity-frame-menubar and application
active in taskbar.

http://img267.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nw1uu0.png

http://img60.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nw2gc9.png

Further, I think that the active item of the menu must be a bit more
clear.

http://img367.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nw3ef0.png

Giuseppe P.

ps: I think if we use a color more white for menu-active-item and
menu-bg we might get more consistency between they.