[ubuntu-art] New Wave - Murrine

Giuseppe Pennisi giupenni78 at gmail.com
Wed May 21 08:51:32 BST 2008

Il giorno mer, 21/05/2008 alle 01.21 +0100, Conn ha scritto:
> On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 12:52 AM, Giuseppe Pennisi <giupenni78 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Some screenshot of New Wave Murrine + actual Wallpaper in branch +
> > latest Icons in branch.
> >
> > http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/9541/newwavemurrine1ij0.png
> >
> > http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/8074/newwavemurrine2ao8.png
> >
> > http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/2152/newwavemurrine3nb8.png
> >
> > Giuseppe P.
>
> Some general comments:
> 1. Perhaps the brightness of buttons relative to the background colour
> is too high, and the hilight_ratio seems a bit extreme. It's just my
> personal opinion, but I think the glaze style works better when it's
> somewhat subtle or subdued.

Yes...but murrine version is just started and we need to fix many
elements...infact I agrre with you in many items.

> 2. The pinkish-orange colour for selected menu items seems pretty
> dark;

I agree.

> if that will be the final colour, would it not be a good idea to
> have the selected text colour set to white?
> 3. Again regarding the selected menu items, it seems the selected item
> background glaze has too low a hilight_ratio. Perhaps find a way to
> make it more consistent with the buttons.
I agree again. For example similar to human-murrine

> 4. I haven't been following NewWave developments closely, so perhaps
> this is intentional, but... what happened to the toolbar separator
> lines in Nautilus? It looks pretty awful in the first and second
> screenshots, as though part of the interface is missing.

As I said first, the version is just started. :-)
I have made screenshot just to have survey and start point to improve
and develop the theme...it's only indicative.

Giuseppe P.