[ubuntu-art] New Wave - Proposal

Bharat Varma nbharatvarma at gmail.com
Tue May 20 08:25:33 BST 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 12:28 PM, François Degrave <fdegrave at gmail.com>
wrote:

> 2008/5/20 Nick Russell <thatnickrussell at googlemail.com>:
>
>  I think its much better like this, especially the white.
>>

> That's exactly what I proposed in the very beginning (see mockup), and I
> re-proposed in my screenshot with all the comments (see
> http://img174.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=04028_Capture_122_1178lo.jpg)
> but apparently it is a problem for the firefox menu (since the color of the
> font cannot change when the menu item is selected, the white font on a white
> bg is unreadable). Maybe that's something we can correct because it looks
> really important to me.

I agree with Francisco. Having a greyish GTK makes the theme a bit
depressing for general audience. They wouldn't care if it is a technical
issue. Would a slight orangish hue instead of pure white help ?

Also, one doubt. Is this problem there with FF 3.0 ? IIRC, FF 3.0 is
supposed to be better in terms of playing well with the platform it is
installed on w.r.t theming.

I didn't notice if the screenshots were of FF 2.x or 3.0. I have 3.0 at home
and I didn't notice anything bad. But then, I don't usually use the FF menu,
so that could be the reason.

May be Cimi or Kenneth can shed some light.

Bharat Varma

d-_-b