[ubuntu-art] New Wave (icon theme)

fruchtschwert fruchtschwert-ubuntu at yahoo.de
Sun May 18 00:35:57 BST 2008

spg76 schrieb:
2008/5/17 spg76 <sebastianporta at gmail.com>:

2008/5/17 François Degrave <fdegrave at gmail.com>:

Also, shouldn't we have a look at the palette for the icons? Maybe we
should try different hues for orange (more red or more yellow) and see which
one looks the most modern -- I'll try something like that today.

For example, what do you think about those ones? It's a bit more red, and a
bit darker.

I like better the current folders, but your directory-accept icons
it's much better that the one we have now.
I'll include it on the next commit, if you all agreed.
--
Seba (AKA spg76)
http://www.ubuntu-ar.org

I'm having some trouble to commit a new version of the icon theme to
Launchpad, I would like if someone could help me.
After I did "bzr commit -m "Change color on some action and status
icons", I type " bzr push
bzr+ssh://sebastianporta@bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-new-wave/anton/devel.icons",
and I get the following output:
"Permission denied (publickey).
bzr: ERROR: Connection closed: please check connectivity and
permissions (and try -Dhpss if further diagnosis is required)"
Excuse me for asking this, but it's the first time that use bazaar (or
any version control program, for that matter).
Thanks in advance.

Hey Sebastian,

I've just read your mail .. but saw you managed to push new revisions.
So you probably found the solution to register your public-key.
I struggled with that too, this morning  :-)

Did you see my proposal for the home-folder (orange on grey) and rhythmbox?
What do you think?

I like your new "computer"-icon, looks great in Nautilus.
It's still missing in the places-menu, but you'll propably take care of that.

I have a proposal for changing the categories icons in the application menu.
They look quite nice in the snowish-theme

http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/SnowIsh+SVG+%26+PNG?content=32599

Of course we would have to replace the folder in the background with our folder-icon (alternatively grey or other color), but I think this could work.

Should I try to do that?

Cheers
Martin