[ubuntu-art] New Wave (icon theme)

François Degrave fdegrave at gmail.com
Sat May 17 12:57:11 BST 2008

2008/5/17 Anton Kerezov <ankere at gmail.com>:

> В 11:28 +0000 на 17.05.2008 (сб), fruchtschwert написа:
> > pushed to launchpad :-)
> >
> > @Sebastian
> >
> > Changed my icon proposals to use the orange colors you are using.
> > I pushed them into a seperate directory of the "devel.icons"
> launchpad-branch.
> >
> > Hope, this is fine for you ..
> >
> > In the next days, I will probably try to modify some other icons.
> > I noticed, that you are using a hard disk for the computer-icon.
> > What do you think of using the monitor, like in the
> "change-resolution"-icon. One could also change the color to orange.
> > Maybe I can also look for good icons in other sets .. which license
> should the icons use, so that we can include them ?
> >
> > But now I should do some other work ;-)
> Nice work Martin! Sebastian and you should try to integrate your icons
> instead of making them alternative. This is definitely a good icon
> theme.
> Anton

I like the icons very much, but I'd like to ask you not to make *everything*
orange. For example, imo, "cancel" and "accept" icons should be respectively
red and green, "warning" should be red, etc. If everything becomes orange,
it will lost a lot of visual information, and it will become graphically
really poor.

I would even say that a large majority of the icons should have a proper
color adapted to their meaning; only folders and some other icons should be

Also, shouldn't we have a look at the palette for the icons? Maybe we should
try different hues for orange (more red or more yellow) and see which one
looks the most modern -- I'll try something like that today.