[ubuntu-art] New Wave

Anton Kerezov ankere at gmail.com
Wed May 14 16:35:27 BST 2008

В 14:22 +0000 на 14.05.2008 (ср), fruchtschwert написа:
> > I've sort of fixed this. Just made the normal menus to have colors
> > similar to these in firefox and the main menu: White text on gray bg
> not
> > black text on grey bg.
> >

> http://img11.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=34764_NewWave_test_09_122_966lo.jpg
> >
> > New theme pack is uploaded at the wiki that contains the fix file.
> >
> > Anton
>
> The firefox-fix using the userchrome.css file works just fine, when
> having the traditional menubar-layout.
> But with my setup
>
> http://fruchtsalat.uni.cc/res/firefox.png
>
> the menubar still is corrupted.
> Could you make the fix more general or is there a possibility for me to adapt the userchrome.css in some way?

Well userChrome.css no but the gtkrc file - yes. Just comment out the
part with the bg_pixmap in the menubar style.

> Also for Thunderbird, the userchrome.css for firefox doesn't have an effect (light grey strip on the bottom of menubar, little bit smaller than in my firefox-screenshot).

Don't know. Ask thunderbird devs why is the menu so big and tottaly
different than the rest of the system.

> > I'm currently trying the HumanElephant one, and it is not bad at all -
> > not perfect, but much better than Human. I think we should keep an
> > orange one (less shiny, though) else we won't have any chance to
> > integrate orange in the theme, and then it won't even be considered
> > for default.
>
> I was looking through some icon sets the past few days, and liked the
>
> Kamel icon-set
> http://www..gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Kamel+icons?content=59006
>
> and the Elementary icon-set
>
> http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Elementary+Icons?content=73439
>
> best. Problem is, that there are many icons missing. But maybe they can be completed until the next LTS or mixed with other sets.
>
> Cheers
> Martin

Elementary icons seem to be much better than the kamel and the Human
(bad thing is they are blue)

Btw please everybody check this out:
http://tayasui.com/Home.html

esp. the first entry.