[ubuntu-art] New Wave

Anton Kerezov ankere at gmail.com
Wed May 14 09:56:20 BST 2008

В 23:13 +0100 на 13.05.2008 (вт), Nick Russell написа:
> The firefox menubar font colour looks to be ever so slightly different
> (white?) to the colour of other windows menubars (light grey?).
>
> I've attached a screenshot (if attachments come through on this
> list...?)
>
> Nick

Yes it is because Firefox does not support different colors for
selected/unselected menu items. Thus the main color is white so that
when you click a menu it still to be readable (remains white). I'm not a
css/Firefox expert but if there is one, he is welcomed to help on this
issue.

> В 00:34 +0200 на 14.05.2008 (ср), Kenneth Wimer написа:
> On Wednesday 14 May 2008 00:22:31 Kim Kahns wrote:
> dispear by

> > > I do not think that it is a matter of making it go away, but
> making
> > > it look
> > > nicer :-) Usability is good to keep in the back of your head, just
> in
> > > case :-)
> > > --
> > > Ken
> >
> > I just do not see the point of drawing a focus line around a widget,
> > unless somebody used the tab key to select it. :)
>
> Right, I can see that point. Perhaps some people with more knowledge
> on the
> subject can shed some light on this.
>
> > Unfortunatly I do not know a way to change the behaviour of focus
> > indication, so I just provided a way of getting rid of the focusline
> > entirely. ;)
>
> Yepp, and that you did very well. In the end I guess it is up to the
> folks
> working on this theme to decide, I just wanted to add my 2 cents for
> whatever
> it is worth (in this case maybe less but still worth mentioning).
>
> Have Fun!
>
> Kenneth
> --
> Ken

We will keep this thing up to the end (btw in the engine we are using
now there are no dotted lines at all) and when it comes the time for
change we will change it (it will not be hidden though).

> В 10:00 +0200 на 14.05.2008 (ср), Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen написа:
> If we keep a list of things we would like to change in the theme
> engine and/or Gnome stack there is a better chance that people with
> the right skill will pick them up. Ie *not* things like "change the
> whole UI metaphor", but small things like "change the ugly separator
> for the system tray" and stuff like that. The point is that the items
> should also be manageable by aspiring hackers to maximize chances of
> getting resolutions.
>
> I for one would like to address some of these items, but I simply do
> not have the time these days. If the list is kept updated,
> professional, and clean there is a chance that we just might get
> resolutions over the course up to the next LTS.
>
> Cheers,
> Mikkel

I agree that a list of thing that should be changed or fixed should be
made at the wiki. Thus will allow people with the necessary knowledge to
help if they can.

Anton