[ubuntu-art] New Wave

Anton Kerezov ankere at gmail.com
Tue May 13 20:55:57 BST 2008

В 20:42 +0200 на 13.05.2008 (вт), François Degrave написа:
> Hi everybody!
>

> I have some remarks about the current theme, and that is easier for me
> to show it directly on a picture. So here it is:
> http://img174.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=04028_Capture_122_1178lo.jpg
>
> Reactions and answers about that are welcome!
>

> Cheers,
>
> François

Well all is good. But some things I consider are not good. Example is
the very light  (contrasting) selected menu. Why do we need it so
bright? The way you use menus is that. You need a function in the menus
> find the menu you want > click it and look its contents not the part
you just clicked. That is why I've made them like that grey bg and white
fg. Besides Firefox cannot render the menus in the way you are showing.

Next: the dotted line around selected items should (I agree ) totally be
replaced by smth else like the glow we have in the Aurora theme.

The taskbar underligh cannot be made right now. It is the job of the
theme engine to make it.

The selected item in menus should be gradient (no gloss) and should look
(or just be) transparent.

The dotted separator is also handled by the engine.

Widgets with light bg that should be dark just need better GNOME
integration. That's the devs work. Same for the desktop switcher.

What file do you want to edit to get the separator different appearance?
The .c source code or gtkrc?

Anton