[ubuntu-art] New Wave

Anton Kerezov ankere at gmail.com
Sun May 11 18:00:22 BST 2008

В 17:09 +0200 на 11.05.2008 (нд), Giuseppe Pennisi написа:
> Anton Kerezov ha scritto:
> > I've managed to get the same results here.
> >
> > @namespace
> > url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul"); /*
> > set default namespace to XUL */
> >
> > /*make the menu use grey colors for text*/
> > menubutton, menuitem, menupopup, popup
> > {
> >     color: black !important;
> > }
> > menubar > menu {
> >    color: #E5E5E5  !important;
> > }
>
> I think that is better to remove this:
>
> menubutton, menuitem, menupopup, popup
> {
>     color: black !important;
> }
>
> otherwise the inactive menuitem can't be display correctly.

Yes we will. This is just experimental.

> > Is there a way of setting the selected foreground color through
> > menubar > menu[something...] {...} ?
> >
> I not understand, what is the effect that want you get?
>
> gp

The effect is that when the menu is selected I would use different
colors for fg and bg. Something like this:

menubar > menu {
   color: #E5E5E5  !important;
}
menubar > menu [selected = "true"] {
   color: black  !important;
}

I also have difficulties with the engine option NEWWAVE. I made
it but when I try to make some changes in the code some apps crash.
Do I need to restart X every time I made changes and recompile?
I am thinking of creating a new one based on clearlooks but
with different name like libnewwavelooks.so or smth.
If someone wants to help the code is uploaded at the wiki.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid/NewWave

@gp: I removed the ZOOM images form the wiki. But then realized they
may be needed. If you want upload new ones.

Anton