[ubuntu-art] New Wave

fruchtschwert fruchtschwert-ubuntu at yahoo.de
Sat May 10 00:01:59 BST 2008

Hey,

first of all I think you're doing a great job with the NewWave theme ..
It's very good, that you don't consider all people being able to run emerald and there are window decorations for metacity available too.

To help a bit, I wanted to report the bugs I noticed.

I tried the NewWave_AlphaPack.0.4 with emerald and metacity with and without compiz.
The metacity 0.2 has a small bug, when having a maximized inactive window behind an unmaximized active one:
Then, on the left and right side of the inactive window bar, 1px wide grey strips appear, which shouldn't be there.

Except of that the theme seems to have incompatibilities with firefox / thunderbird (menubar corrupted) and the processor-speed gnome-panel-applet (black font).
Certainly these are things you'll want to fix at a later point of time, I just wanted to point them out.

I don't like the dark version (alpha6), it's too heavy / depressing. Hope it won't be considered..
Another question: are you planning to change the buttons in the metacity theme to look like the ones of the emerald one, or is the space on the window bar unsufficient ?
It's also very beautiful like it is, but it would be more consistent ..

Cheers
Martin

      Nicht vergessen! Am Sonntag, den 11. Mai ist Muttertag
Geschenkideen, Gedichte & mehr: www.yahoo.de/muttertag