[ubuntu-art] mac-unt-ista?

Who mailforwho at googlemail.com
Thu May 8 17:46:36 BST 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 8:35 AM,  <maxter at email.it> wrote:
> it seems to me that all the work around the new wave theme is leading only
> to a mix of non original element.
>
> borderless windows = mac
> black titlebar = vista
>
> then we should discuss for hours on gradients, shadows and a little bit of
> brown and orange here and there, but i can't see anything really original
> and distinguished by all the stuff we have already had on our desktop
> before.

I think the 'Elegant' style things on Gnome Look at the moment are
great. They are certainly NOT like the main OSes:
Here as really great ubuntuified one
http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Elegant+Blankon?content=78134

And also excellent is 'Elegant Brit'  - same idea.
http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Elegant+Brit?content=74553

And then there are all the themes made by Lyrae:
http://www.gnome-look.org/usermanager/search.php?username=lyrae&action=contents
Specifically the awesome Rueben theme
http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Reuben?content=55876

Anyone wanting to work in this vague direction?

Who