[ubuntu-art] New Wave

François Degrave fdegrave at gmail.com
Wed May 7 17:00:54 BST 2008

>> Did you try with FreeSans in size 11 (btw, is it available in many
>> alphabets?). And is it possible to remove the ugly shadow behind it?
> I've done it and it looks blurrier compared to other sans fonts.
Ok, no problem. Liberation looks not bad.
>> Ok, maybe it is possible to make the 4px bar the same color than the
>> rest of the window -- this, we would have both the windows in one piece
>> *and* the possibility to resize downwards.
> I don't understand what you mean. Isn't it like the link above? In it
> you can see the Liberation fonts in use for titlebars.
I mean: could it be possible to keep the bottom border 4px large, but
make it "invisible" by giving it the same color than the rest just over it?
> About the understanding of my concept imagine that the menubar and
> titlebar are background(bg) and the rest of the window is
> foreground(fg). Thus the fg is dropping shadow on the bg and that is why
> the gradient look like that.
> Here's the test you requested:
> http://img172.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=74539_NewWave_test_07_122_995lo.jpg
That looks so nice to me - so does the title font! I love it. What a
pity you don't like it as well...
But maybe I'm wrong, I think we should definitely ask others what they
think about it.

Nice work anyway!